What are the conditions for refugees to get a mortgage and buy a house or property in the United States?

If you have been granted asylum and are a refugee in the United States,You can apply for a mortgage on the same terms as an American citizen.

To prove your eligibility to work as an asylum seeker or refugee, you must provide a valid I-94 form, a history of arrival at the destination stamped with "authorized employment".

This form is valid from one business day to 90 days from the date of your arrival in the United States.

After completing the form within 90 days, you must provide a work permit issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.